Monday, May 10, 2010

She is a better person than me.

Last week I had dinner with a PhD student who was visiting to interview for a postdoc. She said something like, "I wasn't really thinking about finishing my dissertation, but then suddenly I had enough data and all I had to do was write it up! I was surprised because I didn't think I was working that hard, but I guess I do think about my research all the time, so I'm kind of working even when I'm doing other stuff."

She is a better person than me. She was a suspiciously pleasant dinner companion.

Last time I thought about my dissertation research in my spare time: >1 year ago
Number of semesters I've gone beyond my expected graduation date: 1
Number I probably have to go: 2 to 7

Most recent health complaint: eye twitch
Cleanliness of apartment: disappointing at best

No comments:

Post a Comment